Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Hostess with the Mostess...sorry, I had to!


Tell me that does not look delicious!! I grew up loving Hostess cupcakes and that has never ended. The one thing I don't like is the list of "ingredients" on the package. I can promise you it doesn't say: Flour, sugar, egg, oil, cocoa powder, and butter. However, these would! If you are interested in making them yourself, you can find the cake recipe here, courtesy of good ole' Martha Stuart. It looks like this-



The filling recipe came from here  because I love anything that involves marshmallow fluff. ;) It should be nice and thick like this-



And the chocolate ganache is the same I used for my Boston Creme cupcakes.

Once they are out of the oven, I core them, fill them, and then put the core back over the filling. After you have covered them with the ganache, put them on a drying rack to cool. I have some like this-


After they cool, you can fill a piping bag with some of the leftover marshmallow filling and pipe on the little swirls(This definitely takes some practice!), then Wah-lah!  



Inside view:




p.s. If you don't have cooling racks, get some! They really speed up the process. The ones I got are from here.

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious. I love the little swirls on top. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It takes a little bit of practice, not as easy as I thought it would be! :)

    ReplyDelete