Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Beach Wedding Shower




So a co-worker is getting married on the beach here in Florida and I was asked to make some cupcakes for her shower. All I was told as far as theme was "beach" and "sea glass colors." I checked around the interwebs for some ideas, as the first step in any cupcake process these days is Google. :) I found my inspiration in two places...for the aesthetics of the cupcake HERE and the inside go HERE. I started by buying white melting chocolate from Michaels and seashell molds from good 'ole Amazon.com. I made a batch Classic White cake courtesy of Duncan Hines and a similar batch of Devil's Food Cake. Then I bought two packages of "break apart" chocolate chip cookie dough. (Did I mention that I cheat...a lot?) You have to freeze the dough before you bake because you don't want the cookie to actually cook all the way through. You also have to lower the baking time, because there isn't as much cake dough to cook. I usually bake for 21-22 minutes, this time it was more like 18-19 minutes. If you don't have a convection oven, it may be longer. Here is what they looked like going into the oven-


Coming out of the oven- just enough to brown the edges


Cut in half- YUM!



Once they were cool, it was time to ice them. I actually do this step the next day because time is not something I have a lot of! Anywho- I made a regular batch of cream cheese frosting and dyed it "Tiffany blue". I piped it on like this-




Next, I added a sprinkle of brown sugar to look like beach sand.




Last, add the white chocolate sea shells~ wahh lahh!


3 comments:

  1. Decadent and insane! Those look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! These cupcakes are looking adorable. Hope the wedding was amazing. Also, want to have similar cupcakes for my sister bridal shower that will be arranged at one of New York wedding venues. She will be very happy to see these adorable and yummy cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete