Sunday, May 15, 2011

One more favorite...


I forgot to add what seems to be everyone's favorite cupcake, of all the ones I have concocted- "The Oreo" I started by twisting off one side of a Double Stuff Oreo cookie and placing the the cookie, frosting side up, into the cupcake liner. The other half gets chopped up in the food processor for later. Then I fill the liner half way up with Devil's Food Cake and a large spoonful of Vanilla cake goes on top of that. You want the liner to be about 3/4 full. Here is what they looked like while cooling-



Once cool, I made a batch of regular vanilla icing and mixed in the oreo cookie that I had chopped up. You have to make sure it's chopped well or it won't go through your piping bag. (Lesson learned the hard way) I topped them with a mini-Oreo.




Cut down the middle-



Here they are packed up and ready for their new home. :)

1 comment: