Sunday, May 15, 2011

The beginning of Nacho...

I teach...therefore I stress.

Thus began the need for some kind of creative outlet. Around January, I began what some people like to call "stress eating." My favorite indulgence was our local bakery; more specifically, their cupcakes. I could rationalize that it was a small portion, relatively inexpensive, and basically harmless. My partner-in-life suggested that instead of spending what could support a small nation on cupcakes, why didn't I try making them myself? Hmm...why not indeed.

Now for those whom I have the pleasure of knowing IRL, you know the kind of relationship I historically have with my oven. It warms Mac & Cheese or bakes frozen pizzas. I don't ask that much more of it, or myself. A few minor burns were enough to scare me off. But now I had renewed motivation. I actually found that the cupcakes I have made aren't the same source of joy for me that they once were. It is now more the process of researching new recipes, shopping for new ingredients, baking, filling, and decorating that I look forward to the most. In addition, I enjoy sharing them with everyone around me. They don't seem to mind.

So, to begin this blog I want to share some pictures of cupcakes past. Then I can use this small space to share what I have done with others and please feel free to do the same!



Triple Chocolate- Fudge filled and fudge icing





Triple Chocolate with Strawberry icing (baby girl shower)




S'mores





White cake with Strawberry icing (V-Day)



Red Velvet with Cream cheese filling and icing, pink fondant daisy (baby girl shower)




Andes Mint Choc cake w/Mint Fudge icing



Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese icing/filling


White Vanilla cake with Vanilla Bean icing/filling


White cake with Vanilla icing, marshmallow/coconut filling, and topped with shredded coconut
(baby boy shower)



Easter Peepcakes- Angel food cake with vanilla icing, coconut "grass"




Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, candy filled with peanut butter icing

No comments:

Post a Comment