Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mint Chocolate Chunk Fabulocity


I had a terrible chocolate crazing, so I decided to redo a previous favorite flavor- Andes Mint. This time I used Peppermint Extract, instead of a store-bought mint flavoring. I added 1/2 teaspoon to a Devil's Food cake mix and 1/2 teaspoon to the milk chocolate frosting. I also mixed in some Chocolate chunks, instead of chips. I find the chips melt into the batter too much to be really be noticeable. The chunks stay together and make a great surprise when you bite into one. Here's the cupcakes fresh from the oven-




Then I used a medium star tip to pipe the icing and topped it with half an Andes Mint candy. Make sure to pop them in the freezer a bit before hand, as they tend to melt easily as they are handled. Wah-lah!





2 comments:

  1. I have tried your ButterBeer and Reeses Peanut Butter cupcakes and they are...AMAZING!! Best cupcakes in Florida. Hands down. I'll be sending orders through Kyle. LOL.

    ReplyDelete